Friday 8 July 2011

My first …


I am finally ready to publish my first posting, in my first blog.
What do I blog about, you might ask. 
Er ...

I should be the last person on earth to start a food blog.  My mother calls me a . Of course, she is not implying that I am unintelligent or incapable but literally saying I am a ‘rice bucket’.  She told my kids, on numerous occasions, that she had to wake up at five in the morning to make me porridge or bee hoon for breakfast during my school days.  Now I grumble about my kids being picky about food. That, is retribution!

I am happy with a bowl of rice top with fried egg; a little chilly sauce would make that perfect; a gooey yolk is ultimate … yummy.

I eat when I am hungry; not for pleasure. I have no craving, not even during both my pregnancies.  Ok, maybe a little.

I don’t have energy and patience to wait for food.  Have you ever heard about the saying “a hungry woman is an angry woman”? That is so very, VERY me.  I would throw a tantrum first before turn jelly. I wake up from nap feeling jelly; if I slept over lunch.  That’s how urgent I need to fill my tummy when I am hungry – immediately, pretty much.

I don’t have sweet tooth; chocolates, pastries, desserts and alike have no calling on me.  Sugar makes my tummy sick.

I’ve got this lactose intolerant thingy; I can only handle this much of dairy products in cooking and baking; same with coconut milk and oily stuff.  Buttery dough makes me nauseous.

Furthermore, my spelling and grammar suck; even though I type first.  Boy, I can type; the right finger flying on the right key, IF given a text.  I spell check all my works and continue to hope for a more powerful grammar check tool.

On top of all that and those not mentioned, I am very vulnerable to criticism!! This is so very typical of a perfectionist.  I cannot imagine anybody who doesn’t like my postings, and worse:  such things stay FOREVER in the cyber way!! I read many food blogs, but never have I left any comment.

So you see, I have no reason to rub shoulder with the food bloggers out there. 

So, why am I blogging now?
Yes, I cook – for the love of my darlings.
Yes, I bake – again, for the love of my darlings. Oooh …am I surprised!
My better half told me, blog to share my experience. 

So here I am, and this blog will be more than just food, at least that’s the plan.

So … stick around ya, for my next ‘real’ posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment