Thursday 29 September 2011

Lasagna



I will not use oven ready pasta sheet again.  The first time I used them, all layers were uncooked.  I gathered it was due to the moisture level; not wet enough to soften the pasta sheets.  This round, I prepared a real running meat sauce and added bechamel sauce.  The bottom layers were a little wet but acceptable, but the top layer warped like bad quality wooden flooring!





I had to remove the tray half way through and cut those top sheets into small pieces so that they stayed down.  I also had to sprinkle water on them.  You see, the bottom layers were slightly wetter than they should be, and the top layer needed more water in order to cook.  Does that gel with you??

If you know the reason where I have done wrong, don’t bother to tell me 'cos I have decided not to use oven ready sheets again.  Ha ha ha … I am just kidding; please tell me.  Maybe, just maybe, I am willing to give it another shot for the convenience.

If you like to give it a try, I think the top layer needs to be weighted down with more meat sauce and cheese and finish with cream sauce.  Hmm .... maybe I should give it one last try ...

Someone mentioned in his blog that he used normal lasagna sheets instead of the oven ready sheets.   “It’s a personal choice,” he said.  - Ya, right! 
My point is: there must be some reasons to his “personal choice”, he is just not telling us!!! Now I know why and I will not read his blog again.  In the very first place, all choices are “personal”, you mean what, I decided for him that he should not use the oven ready pasta sheets??
Yes, I am petty.
Yes, I am mean.
Yes, I am mad, 'cos I don’t see why I have to re-invent the wheel.
No, you cannot blame me for all that I have said cos’ it’s my “personal choice” to be who I am!!!!!!!!!

Hwee …. Ok, am good …

So, … I used the tomato sauce from my pizza recipe, and added minced beef.  I have also added an extra layer of spinach in the middle of the lasagna.  As for the bechamel souce, there are plenty of recipes you can find when you google.  I found this video on utube,  a pretty good one.

Other than the barely cooked top pasta sheet, the dish was well received by all at home, that we drank wine with it; of course not the kids. 

My son had a big portion, and he has a way of eating them - layer by layer ...





No comments:

Post a Comment