Saturday 17 September 2011

Orange Sugar Buns






My dear brother got married, finally.  He is a good man; she is a fine lady.  I am so very happy for the family.  Since it was the last wedding of my siblings, I had my first ‘cure’; pedicure and manicure. Yes, I didn’t even have them on my own wedding day.  Didn’t know that it was so popular, and expensive.  I was being turned away by three saloons until one finally willing to squeeze me in.

My job didn’t allow me to wear nail polish until recent years; it would have been washed down easily by all the chemical solvents I dealt with. Now that I bake so often, nail polish and I are just not meant to be together. Can you imagine bits of nail polish in the bread?  My son told me there are thousands of animal parts in our food, such as flour!!  Ok, I think I shall not gross you any further.

So, I had my nail polish removed and started squeezing some orange juice. I really want to find out how good is the cream cheese bread recipe as a basic dough.  I replaced the water with orange juice and added one orange zest.  Lastly, sprinkled with sugar before baking.

I simply love the orange aroma in the dough …





I was feeling kind of lazy, so I used my mixer to do the messy job for 15 mins and continued with hand kneading.  I have arrived at my best thin film stage so far, must show off right??  Having said that, I have seen many much better ones. Next time ya ...






It was a raining day, not a good weather for bread making.  But hey, ‘who scare who’? I have my dish drainer, remember?

I am always apprehensive when it comes to shaping the dough, be it as loaf or bun.  I am like: "Now what?"  I am afraid if I don't do this one well, all the effort will be wasted.

The bread turned out very light, cottony and fluffy.  





Since the dough works well with sweet bread, I am sure the same for savory bread. – Daaa …..

I am a happy woman …




No comments:

Post a Comment